Thursday, October 16, 2008

A Gift


We all have mornings when we've never fully awakened. Last night before bed I had ice cream with fudge on it. Four Tums couldn't help it from coming up through my nose at 12:30 a.m. I should know by know how evil chocolate is late in my pregnancy. Well, I do know. But this might have had something to do with my feeling this morning.
Nathaniel Barn Loft is a good worker. Today he went over and above. He fought with his sheets on the top bunk, those of you with bunk beds know how difficult this can be, straightened his sheets and finally made a nice-looking bed. If you could see his bedroom in the Main House you would see another bed he made, the mayor's. He did general cleaning, what I expect. But then he said, "Now for the livning room." This room wasn't out of hand but it did need work. A messy house isn't very encouaging to me. Barn Loft did his thing in there too. The cleaning didn't stop there. He also tidied up the kitchen- he even did the few dishes that were waiting to be washed. Can you believe he even cleaned the cabinet fronts? I asked him if all of this was a birthday present. He said, "No, I wasn't thinking about it." Nathaniel Barn Loft is a gift.
-Mom

1 comment:

Lila said...

Isn't he a gift! Nathaniel, you're a mighty fine young man and the Lord is surely pleased with you!