Sunday, September 19, 2010

The Red House

Clarkesville continues to undergo changes. The Wendy's is looking more like a restaurant, Starbucks will take a stand in the local grocery store. "Clarkesville has nothing compared to the changes made in Acorn Hill," said Main House President Dad.

While Nathaniel Barn Loft and Dad were on an 11-day trip, First Lady Mom and Sarah Daffodil made changes to The Main House. Just a couple of years after Mom thought to herself that the next time the house would be painted it would be by Barn Loft, she painted it red. "I liked the idea of having a red house. I didn't think I'd go SO red. I was inspired by our friends' red house."

Mom also deep-cleaned Barn Loft's room, finding hidden space. Finding hidden space in The Main House is a new endeavor for her. "I have found space in the office and in the dining room too," she said with a smile on her face.

Daffodil painted a rug on the floor of Barn Loft's dulcimer area. It is in greens, black, white and brown. She painted two of his prettiest dulcimers on it. Barn Loft was pleased.

1 comment:

Mom_E said...

I love the red!!!! Would love to see the new rug on Barnloft's floor- I bet it is wonderful!
Sarah